Welcome to Malouf Medical’s ENT Services
Dr John Malouf is an ENT surgeon who has serviced the Tweed Heads and Gold Coast region for the last 17 years.
Dr Malouf lives locally in the Coolangatta region with his family, and consults patients at his private rooms at Malouf Medical in Coolangatta, as well as operating at Tweed Day Surgery, John Flynn Private Hospital and at the Tweed Public Hospital.
Born and raised in Brisbane and educated at Saint Laurence’s College, Dr Malouf graduated from the University of Queensland Medical School in 1987 and underwent advanced surgical training in ENT at Queensland Rotation where he received his surgical fellowship in 2001.
Also an Associate Professor at the Bond University Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Dr Malouf is renowned for successfully treating both adults and children with issues affecting the Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck.
Paediatric ENT, in particular snoring in children and deafness and Speech and Language development issues in children stemming from ear disease such as glue ear.
Major Ear Surgery including Exostoses Surgery for Surfer’s ear and surgery for Cholesteatoma.
Current and recent research by Dr Malouf includes:
- a multicentre retrospective clinical audit on sleep healthcare in a primary care setting
- studies into PFAPPA Syndrome.
- a retrospective study comparing routine tonsillectomy with KTP laser tonsillectomy in a day surgical setting.
Dr Malouf has been involved in the education and mentoring of Griffith University and Bond University Medical Students at Tweed Hospital, NSW. He has also led the training and upskilling of General Practitioners in Sleep Medicine through The SleepGP.
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons.
- Australasian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Australian Medical Association.
- 2011: Medical Specialist Outreach Assistance Programme. Most remote and challenging Outreach clinic.
- 1987: B.M. (Bravery Medal), Queen’s Birthday Honour’s list 1987
- 1987: Royal Humane Society Silver Medal for Bravery
Dr John Malouf
Book a consultation with Dr John Malouf
Protecting Human Rights and Freedom
Along with Rugby League legend, Johnathan Thurston, Dr John Malouf and 6 other leading community members were finalist in the Australian 2017 Human Rights medal in recognition of his over 20 years of visiting remote aboriginal communities to provide much needed care and particularly to improve aboriginal child and youth. He and Dr. Allegra Boccabella are the co-authors of the ‘hearing for learning’ programme.
Below are download links to templates for use in Best Practice (BP) and Medical Director (MD) practice management software.